We are on a Mission
Together, we are on a mission to improve the lives of patients.
At Five Prime, you will be part of a community dedicated to developing innovative protein therapeutics that can improve the lives of patients. We are a leader in the field and we have gotten here by focusing on scientific innovation, embracing our entrepreneurial spirit and encouraging collaboration.
We believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where diverse backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated. In a recent employee survey, 92% of our employees agreed with the statement “We have a work environment that is open and accepts individual differences (e.g., gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion and age).” Women make up more than 60% of our workforce.
What We Value
We start with the end goal in mind – bringing breakthrough treatments to patients in need.
Our innovative spirit is core to how we think and operate, fueling our promise to bring breakthrough treatments to patients in need.
As part of our collaborative culture, we value transparency, diverse perspectives and effective communications.
We value critical thinking, intellectual honesty and rigorous execution.
We are biased to act, take initiative and get results.
Our insight-driven approach helps us make decisions based on information and data.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans (Five Prime pays 100% of the cost of employee medical coverage and more than 75% of the cost of the portion dependent of coverage)
- Company-paid life insurance (2x your annual base pay up to $500,000)
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k) match of up to $6,000 per year
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Up to 4 weeks of company-paid time-off to bond with a new born or adopted child
- 11 company holidays
- 3 weeks of vacation
- 10 paid sick days each year
- A company shutdown at the end of each year
- Tuition reimbursement
- Pet insurance
What Sets Us Apart
- Summer Hours (the opportunity to participate in a 9/80 work schedule and receive 6 three-day weekends each summer)
- Free gym access through The Cove
- Free commuter shuttles from BART, Caltrain, and Oyster Point Ferry
- Employee-led community groups
- Monthly happy hours
- Free snacks and subsidized Friday lunch provided by EAT Club
- Company-wide catered breakfasts and lunches (every month)
- Monthly spontaneous surprises
- Lunch & Learn seminars
- Guest speaker series
- Annual holiday party, summer picnic and Thanksgiving potluck
- Bring Your Kids to Work Day
- Science Day
- Brand new facilities, Byte vending machines and games
What We Give Back
Our team is dedicated to making a positive impact, including in our community. To demonstrate our commitment, we support various patient advocacy and non-profit organizations in their noble efforts.