Location: South San Francisco, CA
Position type: Full-time
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to alter the tumor microenvironment to enhance tumor cell killing. Our company has a growing portfolio of product candidates and currently has three protein therapeutics in clinical development.
Five Prime has a differentiated target discovery platform and library that we use to rapidly interrogate the entire extracellular proteome in medically relevant in vitro and in vivo models to discover novel targets and drug leads. Our technology has been validated by our growing pipeline and through multiple collaborations with pharmaceutical companies, including Bristol-Myers Squibb, UCB Pharma, S.A. and GlaxoSmithKline across a range of therapeutic areas. FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
Five Prime Therapeutics is currently seeking an experienced Accountant to join its accounting team. The Accountant will report to the Senior Manager, Close and Reporting and will be directly responsible for day-to-day general ledger accounting.
- Perform monthly balance sheet account reconciliations for various accounts
- Support monthly close by preparing and entering accurate journal entries and maintain the monthly journal entry binder
- Maintain the fixed assets module (acquisition, depreciation, and disposition)
- Support the requirements of the annual audit and quarterly reviews through preparation of audit schedules and other support requested by the external auditors
- Support the requirements of management’s testing of internal controls through gathering support requested by SOX consultants and reviewing any relevant internal control narratives
- Assist with special projects as needed, including assisting with tax returns and filings
- BS or BA in Accounting or related field
- 1-2 years of relevant experience preferred
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced MS Excel and Word skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams
- Must be a critical thinker and problem solver
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with ability to multi-task
- Prior experience in biotech preferred, but not required
Please upload your cover letter and resume