Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Position type: Full-time
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX)is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to alter the tumor microenvironment to enhance tumor cell killing. Our company has a growing portfolio of product candidates and currently has three protein therapeutics in clinical development.
Five Prime has a differentiated target discovery platform and library that we use to rapidly interrogate the entire extracellular proteome in medically relevant in vitro and in vivo models to discover novel targets and drug leads. Our technology has been validated by our growing pipeline and through multiple collaborations with pharmaceutical companies, including Bristol-Myers Squibb, UCB Pharma, S.A. and GlaxoSmithKline across a range of therapeutic areas. FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
Five Prime Therapeutics is currently seeking an experienced SEC Reporting Manager to join its accounting team. The SEC Reporting Manager will report to the Senior Manager, Close and Reporting and will be directly responsible for SEC reporting, stock compensation and working with the Company’s external auditors. The SEC Reporting Manager will oversee the preparation of SEC filings, including the financial statements and various MD&A and footnote schedules, as well as XBRL review and tie-out of financial information related to 10-Q and 10-K filings.
- Oversee external SEC financial reporting process, including drafting of financial statements, preparing consolidated cash flow statements, footnotes and MD&A, and completing GAAP checklists
- Manage the stock compensation accounting function, including the processing of equity grants, administration of the ESPP Plan, and preparation of stock compensation expense reconciliations, journal entries and equity footnote disclosures.
- Manage the SOX function including maintaining and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls, ensuring risk assessment and control frameworks are in place and running effectively and efficiently, working closely with the SOX consultants and EY to provide requested support and answer questions
- Prepare and/or review financial statements and variance analysis, including monthly trends, budget vs. actual and other flux analysis.
- Support the requirements of the annual audit and quarterly reviews through preparation of audit schedules and other support requested by the external auditors.
- Provide technical accounting guidance to the Company including drafting or reviewing technical accounting memos.
- Provide support to all other teams across the company as needs arise, including special projects, system improvements or ad-hoc financial analyses as assigned.
- BS or BA in Accounting or related field
- CPA or equivalent required
- Minimum 5+ years’ relevant experience required, Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced MS Excel and Word skills
- Strong working knowledge of system processes, internal controls, US GAAP, PCAOB and SEC regulations
- Ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams
- Must be a critical thinker and problem solver
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with ability to multi-task
- Prior experience in biotech preferred, but not required
Please upload your cover letter and resume