Scientist I, Analytical Development
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Position type: Full-time
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a biotechnology company that discovers and develops innovative therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. Five Prime's comprehensive discovery platform, which encompasses virtually every medically relevant extracellular protein, positions it to explore pathways in cancer, inflammation and their intersection in immuno-oncology, an area with significant therapeutic potential and a growing focus of the company's R&D activities. Five Prime has entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies and has promising product candidates in clinical and late preclinical development. For more information, please visit www.fiveprime.com.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Analytical Development group. This position will be responsible for leading the development of our mass spectrometry assays for several pre-clinical and clinical programs. Additionally, the successful candidate will also provide support to research and development groups in gaining a deeper understanding of the proteins produced for early stage testing. The scientist will also leverage their background to implement new technologies that can accelerate program timelines. The position reports into the biophysical/biochemical assay development group within Analytical Development.
- Develop mass spectrometry assays to support protein characterization efforts for clinical and pre-clinical programs
- Design and execute studies to increase the understanding of candidate molecules
- Work with other Process Development functional groups to ensure program timelines are kept
- Author reports for analytical characterization and technical transfer
- Provide expert guidance to research groups on assay design
- Other projects when assigned
- A PhD degree in biology, biochemistry, chemical engineering, or a related discipline with 0-2 years of laboratory research experience in industry
- Extensive experience working on protein mass spectrometry assays, particularly peptide map and intact mass is required
- Experience transferring assays to contract laboratories is a plus
- Highly motivated, flexible, and multi-tasks
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication; ability to influence and collaborate in a team environment
- Analytical and excellent problem-solving skills
Please upload your cover letter & resume.