Research Associate III-IV, Immuno-Oncology Research (Validation)
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Position type: Full-time
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a biotechnology company discovers and develops innovative therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. Five Prime's comprehensive discovery platform, which encompasses virtually every medically relevant extracellular protein, positions it to explore pathways in cancer, inflammation and their intersection in immuno-oncology, an area with significant therapeutic potential and a growing focus of the company's R&D activities. Five Prime has entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies and has promising product candidates in clinical and late preclinical development. For more information, please visit www.fiveprime.com.
We are seeking a Research Associate to join our Immuno-Oncology team focused on validating novel immune-oncology therapeutic candidates. The preferred candidate will have background in immunology with an emphasis on myeloid cells, including macrophages and dendritic cells.
- Participate in cell-based assay development
- Isolation of immune cells from mouse tissues and human blood, myeloid cell differentiation and profiling
- Perform mixed lymphocyte reactions and other complex immune cell assays
- Independently analyze, visualize, and present data result to the team, solicit feedback from reporting management and the rest of the group.
- BS or MS in Biology, Oncology, or Immunology with at least 3 years (MS) or 5-6 years (BS) of related experience in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or academic setting
- Demonstrated experience with mammalian cell culture as well as basic cell and immune-assays
- Hands-on experience with flow cytometry and primary immune cell isolation
- Working knowledge of macrophage or dendritic cell differentiation and functional assays, including MLRs, is strongly preferred
- Ability to organize and execute experimental plans independently
- Familiarity with programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, FlowJo, and Prism
Please upload your cover letter & resume.