Software Engineer I
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Position type: Full-Time, Regular
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics for patients with serious unmet medical needs. Five Prime has entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies and has promising product candidates in clinical and preclinical development.
We currently have three protein therapeutics in clinical trials:
- FPA008: a monoclonal antibody that inhibits the CSF-1 receptor and is being studied in multiple tumor settings and pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS)
- FPA144: a monoclonal antibody targeting FGFR2b for selected gastric cancers
- FP-1039: a FGF ligand trap for mesothelioma
On the strength of our unique discovery platform and capabilities, we have entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies. We currently have three active research collaborations with Bristol-Myers Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline and UCB Pharma, S.A.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. These values are reflected in our people and our products. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated software engineer to join the Systems Engineering Group at Five Prime Therapeutics. The software engineer will design, build, test, deploy, and support software applications to enable cutting-edge scientific research and drug discovery. He/she will be involved in all aspects of the development cycle to design and create state of the art software applications to support clinical and laboratory data management, large-scale data analysis, visualization, and reporting. This position reports to Associate Director, Software Engineering.
- Design, build, maintain software applications and web services using C#/.NET and/or other high-level programming languages.
- Work in cross-functional teams of Bioinformatics, IT, and Lab Automation to ensure data integration and system interoperability.
- Interact with research and clinical scientists to understand scientific data workflows and support data integration, analytics, visualization and reporting.
- Provide user support and customization for other scientific and business applications, both in-house and commercial software (i.e. Spotfire, Electronic Notebook, SharePoint), as needed.
- Contribute to the establishment and adoption of software design best practices and guidelines.
- Continue to innovate by researching and experimenting with cutting-edge technologies.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics, Chemical Engineering, or a similar discipline with 0-2 years of experience.
- Solid understanding of and experience with object oriented programming (i.e. C#, Java) required.
- Experience with relational databases, schema design, SQL queries and object relational mapping.
- Familiarity with software development patterns and practices.
- Effective communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Strong interest in working in a R&D environment to help drive scientific innovation and discoveries.
- Intrinsically motivated, with a passion for technology development and innovation.
Please submit your resume.