Location: South San Francisco, CA
Position type: Full-time
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to alter the tumor microenvironment to enhance tumor cell killing. Our company has a growing portfolio of product candidates and currently has three protein therapeutics in clinical development.
- Cabiralizumab (FPA008) – a monoclonal antibody targeting CSF1R in a Phase 1/2 clinical trial in pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS) and in a Phase 1a/1b clinical trial in multiple cancers in combination with Bristol-Myers Squibb Company’s PD-1 immune checkpoint inhibitor, Opdivo® (nivolumab)
- FPA144 – a monoclonal antibody targeting FGFR2b in a Phase 1 clinical trial in FGFR2b over-expressing gastric cancer
- FP-1039 – an FGF ligand trap in a Phase 1b clinical trial in mesothelioma
Five Prime has a differentiated target discovery platform and library that we use to rapidly interrogate the entire extracellular proteome in medically relevant in vitro and in vivo models to discover novel targets and drug leads. Our technology has been validated by our growing pipeline and through multiple collaborations with pharmaceutical companies, including Bristol-Myers Squibb, UCB Pharma, S.A. and GlaxoSmithKline across a range of therapeutic areas. FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
Five Prime Therapeutics is currently seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join its accounting team. The Senior Accountant will report to the Senior Manager, Accounting and will be directly responsible for clinical trial accounting, day-to-day general ledger accounting and working with the Company’s external auditors. The Senior Accountant will assist with the preparation of SEC filings, including the financial statements and various MD&A and footnote schedules, as well as XBRL review and tie-out of financial information related to 10-Q and 10-K filings.
- Manage the clinical trial accounting function, including review of CRO reports, preparation and booking of clinical trial accrual reconciliation and journal entries, and preparation of clinical trial spending reports. Work closely with clinical trial study leads to ensure that purchase orders are maintained/updated to reflect recent change orders, account and project coding.
- Prepare and/or review financial statements and variance analysis, including monthly trends, budget vs. actual and other flux analysis.
- Assist with the preparation of SEC filings, including the drafting of the10-Q/10-K/8-K/Proxy and preparation of supporting schedules and footnote disclosures.
- Support the requirements of the annual audit and quarterly reviews through preparation of audit schedules and other support requested by the external auditors.
- Manage the stock compensation accounting function, including the processing of equity grants, administration of the ESPP Plan, and preparation of stock compensation expense reconciliations, journal entries and equity footnote disclosures.
- Provide technical accounting guidance to the Company including drafting or reviewing technical accounting memos.
- Provide support to all other teams across the company as needs arise, including special projects, system improvements or ad-hoc financial analyses as assigned.
- BS or BA in Accounting or related field
- CPA or equivalent required
- Minimum 5+ years’ relevant experience required, Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced MS Excel and Word skills
- Strong working knowledge of system processes, internal controls, GAAP and SOX regulations
- Ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams
- Must be a critical thinker and problem solver
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with ability to multi-task
- Prior experience in biotech preferred, but not required
Please upload your cover letter and resume