Scientist I-II, Antibody Engineering & Technologies
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Position type: Full-time
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to alter the tumor microenvironment to enhance tumor cell killing. Our company has a growing portfolio of product candidates and currently has three protein therapeutics in clinical development.
- Cabiralizumab (FPA008) – a monoclonal antibody targeting CSF1R in a Phase 1/2 clinical trial in pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS) and in a Phase 1a/1b clinical trial in multiple cancers in combination with Bristol-Myers Squibb Company’s PD-1 immune checkpoint inhibitor, Opdivo® (nivolumab)
- FPA144 – a monoclonal antibody targeting FGFR2b in a Phase 1 clinical trial in FGFR2b over-expressing gastric cancer
- FP-1039 – an FGF ligand trap in a Phase 1b clinical trial in mesothelioma
Five Prime has a differentiated target discovery platform and library that we use to rapidly interrogate the entire extracellular proteome in medically relevant in vitro and in vivo models to discover novel targets and drug leads. Our technology has been validated by our growing pipeline and through multiple collaborations with pharmaceutical companies, including Bristol-Myers Squibb, UCB Pharma, S.A. and GlaxoSmithKline across a range of therapeutic areas. FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
FivePrime Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a motivated and energetic individual to join our team. The individual will be responsible for developing cutting edge immunological techniques to aid in the rapid discovery of antibodies. This position reports to the Associate Director, Antibody Engineering & Technology.
- Application of deep sequencing (NGS) and bioinformatics in antibody engineering and antibody repertoire sequence analysis.
- Engineering of novel antibody therapeutics by employing molecular biology, biochemistry, and structural modeling.
- Strong molecular biology experience that will aid in development of novel techniques to probe and manipulate the host immune repertoire.
- Organize and execute complex antibody generation projects.
- Analyze, interpret and communicate scientific data.
- Other projects when needed.
Experience and Skills:
- Ph.D. in biological sciences plus post doc in relevant field. Industry experience a plus.
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) for antibody discovery is preferred.
- Experience in antibody engineering, optimization of effector function, affinity and biophysical properties.
- Experience with B cell biology; technical proficiency in molecular biology.
- Hands-on experience in antibody discovery methods, including advanced B-cell cloning, phage display, hybridoma techniques, mammalian display and other display technologies.
- Expertise in therapeutic antibody discovery and development is desirable but not essential.
- Concrete bioinformatics skills in analysis of data is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Flow cytometry based cell sorting is a plus.
- Ability to influence effectively and collaborate cross-functionally.
- Good initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and analytical.
Please upload your cover letter & resume.