Research Associate I-II, Analytical Development
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Position type: Full-time
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics for patients with serious unmet medical needs. Five Prime has entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies and has promising product candidates in clinical and preclinical development.
We currently have three protein therapeutics in clinical trials:
- FPA008: a monoclonal antibody that inhibits the CSF-1 receptor and is being studied in multiple tumor settings and pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS)
- FPA144: a monoclonal antibody targeting FGFR2b for selected gastric cancers
- FP-1039: a FGF ligand trap for mesothelioma
On the strength of our unique discovery platform and capabilities, we have entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies. We currently have three active research collaborations with Bristol-Myers Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline and UCB Pharma, S.A.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. These values are reflected in our people and our products. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are currently seeking a highly-motivated individual to join the Analytical Development group within the Manufacturing Sciences department. This position will be responsible for the development of a wide range of analytical assays for a number of pre-clinical and clinical programs. The research associate will also support process development and formulation studies within the Manufacturing Sciences department and other research groups. The motivated research associate will also contribute to protein characterization studies within Analytical Development and be a key contributor to the team. This position reports to Scientist lll, Analytical Development.
- Develop and qualify assays to implement at GMP QC groups following ICH guidelines
- Support studies within Analytical Development that will help Manufacturing Sciences in decision making processes
- Author SOP and development reports
- Work within a team environment to gain greater understanding of the properties of therapeutic proteins
- Other projects when assigned
- A BS or MS degree in biochemistry, chemistry, chemical engineering, or a related discipline with 0-5 years of laboratory research experience in industry
- Extensive experience with a wide variety of analytical platforms, including HPLC and CE, is required
- Experience with protein therapeutics and analytical 96-well plate-based assays (e.g. residual host-cell protein ELISA) is preferred
- Highly motivated, flexible, and multi-tasks
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication; ability to influence and collaborate in a team environment
- Analytical and excellent problem-solving skills
Please upload your cover letter & resume.