IT Help Desk Associate
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Position type: Full-Time, Regular
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics for patients with serious unmet medical needs. Five Prime has entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies and has promising product candidates in clinical and preclinical development.
We currently have three protein therapeutics in clinical trials:
- FPA008: a monoclonal antibody that inhibits the CSF-1 receptor and is being studied in multiple tumor settings and pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS)
- FPA144: a monoclonal antibody targeting FGFR2b for selected gastric cancers
- FP-1039: a FGF ligand trap for mesothelioma
On the strength of our unique discovery platform and capabilities, we have entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies. We currently have three active research collaborations with Bristol-Myers Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline and UCB Pharma, S.A.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. These values are reflected in our people and our products. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are seeking a talented and motivated IT Help Desk associate to join the IT group at Five Prime. This position will support and interface with all levels of the organization including scientific personnel, executives and business operations employees and will contribute to the success of company goals. This is an excellent opportunity for a computer inclined individual to start an exciting career in Information Technology.
- Provide day-to-day technical support to employees for desktops, notebooks, software and IT services.
- respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, electronically
- diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- research questions using available information resources
- advise users on appropriate action
- follow standard help desk procedures
- identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Provide basic networking and remote computing support (VPN, Remote Desktop, etc.)
- Maintain and provide technical support for phone/fax systems, printers, copiers, audio/visual and teleconferencing equipment in conference rooms.
- Draft, create and maintain documentation for IT processes and infrastructure.
- Communicate and provide hands-on training to employees on new technology or IT equipment (Examples: Two-factor authentication and scientific software troubleshooting)
- Other projects when assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems in a heterogeneous desktop and server environment
- Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Windows operating systems including basic Windows systems administration
- Experience with Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Resourceful and excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skill to prioritize project timelines effectively and ability to multi-task on competing priorities
- Eager to learn with can-do attitude
Please submit your resume.