Scientist II - III, Immuno-Oncology Research
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Position type: Full-time
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to alter the tumor microenvironment to enhance tumor cell killing. Our company has a growing portfolio of product candidates and currently has three protein therapeutics in clinical development.
- Cabiralizumab (FPA008) – a monoclonal antibody targeting CSF1R in a Phase 1/2 clinical trial in pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS) and in a Phase 1a/1b clinical trial in multiple cancers in combination with Bristol-Myers Squibb Company’s PD-1 immune checkpoint inhibitor, Opdivo® (nivolumab)
- FPA144 – a monoclonal antibody targeting FGFR2b in a Phase 1 clinical trial in FGFR2b over-expressing gastric cancer
- FP-1039 – an FGF ligand trap in a Phase 1b clinical trial in mesothelioma
Five Prime has a differentiated target discovery platform and library that we use to rapidly interrogate the entire extracellular proteome in medically relevant in vitro and in vivo models to discover novel targets and drug leads. Our technology has been validated by our growing pipeline and through multiple collaborations with pharmaceutical companies, including Bristol-Myers Squibb, UCB Pharma, S.A. and GlaxoSmithKline across a range of therapeutic areas. FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and innovative Scientist II/III to join our Immuno-Oncology group. The candidate will be an expert in the field of cancer immunology and will be in charge of identifying and validating novel cancer immune therapeutics. This individual will lead projects and be responsible for progressing therapeutic candidates from Discovery to IND-enabling studies. He/she will be expected to identify new cancer immunotherapy targets and to implement program strategies with clear go/no go decision points and objective timelines. The ideal candidate will have significant experience leading projects preferentially in an industry setting. The candidate will have an extensive background in immunology with particular emphasis on T cells and cancer.
- Ph.D. in immunology, cancer immunology, or related field with 4 - 8 years of relevant biopharmaceutical industry experience in drug discovery in the fields of immunology and/or cancer immunotherapy
- Expertise in T cell biology, preferentially effector and/or Regulatory T cells, is required
- Significant expertise with in vitro screening and validation assays in cancer immunotherapy is required; in vivo expertise with tumor xenograft and murine syngeneic tumor models would be desirable
- Proven track records of high impact publications and presentations in the field of immunology or cancer immunity
- Demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity and independent thinking are required
- Responsible for setting high standards for experimental research and target validation
- Strong leadership skills to lead projects and collaborate with others
- Experience in drug development and leading cross-functional teams from discovery to IND is strongly preferred
- Excellent presentation skills to Sr. Management level and other audiences
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to influence and collaborate in a team environment
Please upload your cover letter & resume.