Scientist I - III, Immuno- Oncology Research (2 positions)
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Position type: Full-time
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a biotechnology company discovers and develops innovative therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. Five Prime's comprehensive discovery platform, which encompasses virtually every medically relevant extracellular protein, positions it to explore pathways in cancer, inflammation and their intersection in immuno-oncology, an area with significant therapeutic potential and a growing focus of the company's R&D activities. Five Prime has entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies and has promising product candidates in clinical and late preclinical development. For more information, please visit www.fiveprime.com.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and innovative Scientist I-III to join our Immuno-Oncology group. The candidate will be an expert in the field of cancer immunology and will be in charge of identifying and validating novel cancer immune therapeutics. This individual will lead projects and be responsible for progressing therapeutic candidates from Discovery to IND-enabling studies. He/she will be expected to identify new cancer immunotherapy targets and to implement program strategies with clear go/no go decision points and objective timelines. The ideal candidate will have significant experience leading projects preferentially in an industry setting. The candidate will have an extensive background in immunology with particular emphasis on T cells and cancer.
- Ph.D. in immunology, cancer immunology, or related field with 4 plus years of relevant biopharmaceutical industry experience in drug discovery in the fields of immunology and/or cancer immunotherapy
- Expertise in T cell biology, preferentially effector and/or Regulatory T cells, is required
- Significant expertise with in vitro screening and validation assays in cancer immunotherapy is required; in vivo expertise with tumor xenograft and murine syngeneic tumor models would be desirable
- Proven track records of high impact publications and presentations in the field of immunology or cancer immunity
- Demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity and independent thinking are required
- Responsible for setting high standards for experimental research and target validation
- Strong leadership skills to lead projects and collaborate with others
- Experience in drug development and leading cross-functional teams from discovery to IND is strongly preferred
- Excellent presentation skills to Sr. Management level and other audiences
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to influence and collaborate in a team environment
Please upload your cover letter & resume.