Research Associate I-II, Molecular Biology
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Position type: Full-time
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX)
is a biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing transformative protein-based medicines for patients with serious unmet medical needs. The company has an emerging portfolio of innovative products for inflammation and cancer, and currently has 3 protein therapeutics in clinical testing covering 11 indications.
FivePrime also focuses on developing world-class companion diagnostic and biomarker strategies for the appropriate therapeutic settings. FivePrime’s discovery platforms can rapidly interrogate the entire extracellular proteome in medically relevant in vitro and in vivo models leading to novel targets and drug leads. Our technology has been validated by our growing pipeline and through multiple partnerships with pharmaceutical companies including GlaxoSmithKline, UCB, and Bristol-Myers Squibb across a range of therapeutic indications. FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products.
We are looking for a highly motivated Research Associate with molecular background to join the Molecular Biology Group within the Biotherapeutics Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for learning and implementing recombinant DNA approaches to support research team needs which include plasmid and minicircle DNA production and QC, recombinant DNA cloning, Sanger sequence data analysis, and tracking the DNA preparations in databases and Excel spreadsheets. The candidate must be self-motivated, detail oriented and thorough, and be capable of working both independently and in a team environment.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in Molecular or Cell Biology is required
- 0-4 years of academic/industry experience
- The successful candidate must have experience in basic molecular biology and recombinant DNA technologies
- Experience in recombinant DNA technologies including cloning, assembly, transformations and DNA preparation required
- Exposure to PCR techniques and Sanger sequence data analysis
- Meticulous and accurate record keeping
- Experience in mammalian cell culture techniques is a plus
- Excellent organizational and communication skills are required
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment is also necessary
Please upload your cover letter & resume.