Research Associate lll / IV, Immuno-Oncology Research
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Position type: Full-time
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics for patients with serious unmet medical needs. Five Prime has entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies and has promising product candidates in clinical and preclinical development.
We currently have three protein therapeutics in clinical trials:
- FPA008: a monoclonal antibody that inhibits the CSF-1 receptor and is being studied in multiple tumor settings and pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS)
- FPA144: a monoclonal antibody targeting FGFR2b for selected gastric cancers
- FP-1039: a FGF ligand trap for mesothelioma
On the strength of our unique discovery platform and capabilities, we have entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies. We currently have three active research collaborations with Bristol-Myers Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline and UCB Pharma, S.A.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. These values are reflected in our people and our products. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join our Immuno-Oncology Research team in a fast-growing, dynamic and professional environment. The successful candidate will play a key role in developing and performing cell-line based and primary immune cell based functional assays as well as FACS assays for target validation and lead selection.
- Extensive experience performing multi-color flow cytometry studies is essential.
- Expertise in isolating immune cell populations and performing immune assays is required (cytotoxicity assays, proliferation assays, ELISA, Luminex, MSD, etc.)
- Knowledge of mammalian cell culture is required.
- Hands-on experience with cellular and molecular biology techniques is strongly preferred (RNA isolation, qPCR, transfection, western blot, etc.)
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to clearly understand complex concepts and laboratory procedures.
- Analytical, self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, diligent and reliable to meet deadlines.
- Attention to details and positive “can-do” attitude towards assigned responsibilities.
- Good computer skills are required.
Education / Experience:
- The ideal candidate will possess significant experience with mammalian cell culture, cell-based assays and FACS assays.
- B.S. or M.S. in Immunology, Cell Biology or equivalent scientific discipline with at least 3+ years (with M.S.) or 5+ years of related experience in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or academic setting are required.
Please upload your cover letter & resume.