Senior Research Specialist / Scientist I, Clinical Biomarkers & CDx Dev
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Position type: Full-time, Exempt
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics for patients with serious unmet medical needs. Five Prime has entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies and has promising product candidates in clinical and preclinical development.
We currently have three protein therapeutics in clinical trials:
- FPA008: a monoclonal antibody that inhibits the CSF-1 receptor and is being studied in multiple tumor settings and pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS)
- FPA144: a monoclonal antibody targeting FGFR2b for selected gastric cancers
- FP-1039: a FGF ligand trap for mesothelioma
On the strength of our unique discovery platform and capabilities, we have entered into strategic collaborations with
leading global pharmaceutical companies. We currently have three active research collaborations with Bristol-Myers Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline and UCB Pharma, S.A.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. These values are reflected in our people and our products. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
This is a unique opportunity for a highly-motivated scientist to join a team of pathologists, translational scientists, and technologists to support ongoing biomarker efforts in clinical and non-clinical programs at FivePrime. This position will be responsible for designing complex functional and immune characterization assays involving primary human cell, analyzing and interpreting immune cell phenotypes in clinical material using protein based and molecular approaches, and determining mechanism of action and establishing suitable pharmacodynamic markers to help guide the development of new drugs to treat human cancers. implementing new technologies to address key questions about our therapeutic candidates.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and implement flow cytometry, protein and molecular-based biomarker assays using tissue and liquid biopsies to support drug development efforts
- Develop robust assays, validate and optimize reagents
- Provide comprehensive decision-enabling reports as needed
- Participate in meetings, discuss and provide feedback to project teams
- Standardize workflow and reports
Education and Experience:
- BS/MS and at least 4-6 years of industry experience, or PhD in immunology
- Experience with assay development, validation and tech transfer
- Expertise in immunology and/or cancer immunology are required
- Expert, hands on knowledge of immune characterization and monitoring utilizing state of the art flow cytometric and molecular assays is essential, experience with immune monitoring in the clinical setting is highly desirable.
- In depth understanding of concepts of clinical development, esp. of predictive or pharmacodynamics biomarkers are a plus.
- Successful candidate must be able to demonstrate independent thinking, scientific rigor and curiosity, and highly developed prioritization as well as analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstration of independent execution from scientific hypothesis to validation is essential. For PhD candidates, a strong track record as demonstrated by publications in peer-reviewed journals is essential.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as a member of a small group
- Excellent written and verbal communication and teamwork skills are essential.
- Excellent presentation skills
Please upload your cover letter & resume.