Director, Human Resources
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Position type: Full-time, Exempt
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to alter the tumor microenvironment to enhance tumor cell killing. Our company has a growing portfolio of product candidates and currently has three protein therapeutics in clinical development.
- Cabiralizumab (FPA008) – a monoclonal antibody targeting CSF1R in a Phase 1/2 clinical trial in pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS) and in a Phase 1a/1b clinical trial in multiple cancers in combination with Bristol-Myers Squibb Company’s PD-1 immune checkpoint inhibitor, Opdivo® (nivolumab)
- FPA144 – a monoclonal antibody targeting FGFR2b in a Phase 1 clinical trial in FGFR2b over-expressing gastric cancer
- FP-1039 – an FGF ligand trap in a Phase 1b clinical trial in mesothelioma
Five Prime has a differentiated target discovery platform and library that we use to rapidly interrogate the entire extracellular proteome in medically relevant in vitro and in vivo models to discover novel targets and drug leads. Our technology has been validated by our growing pipeline and through multiple collaborations with pharmaceutical companies, including Bristol-Myers Squibb, UCB Pharma, S.A. and GlaxoSmithKline across a range of therapeutic areas. FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
The primary responsibility of this role, as senior human resources business partner, is to serve as a strategic and trusted advisor to assigned client groups on a broad range of business areas such as organizational design/ development, change leadership, talent management, employee relations, career development, and recruitment. In addition, this position will be involved in projects to establish infrastructure and initiatives to enable rapid growth and scalability in the organization. This position reports to the SVP of Human Resources.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the assigned client groups’ business while building strong and effective relationships with senior leaders, managers and employees to become a trusted and respected partner and coach
- Act as strategic business partner focused on a broad-based and transformational talent agenda designed to recruit, develop and retain talent. In addition, build manager capability to lead the business and drive employee engagement.
- Partner with assigned business leaders to develop and execute best practices to promote employee engagement and empowerment to enable a high-performing workforce to contribute to FivePrime’s strategic growth.
- Anticipate, influence and drive planning and execution around business initiatives such as organizational design, leadership/ team development, and annual planning cycles in support of business objectives.
- Develop an understanding of the level of employee engagement within the assigned client groups. Partner with client groups to increase the level of employee engagement and to continually evolve FivePrime’s vibrant work culture.
- Facilitate and coach business leaders and their leadership teams regarding employee relation issues.
- Support client operations by managing their staffing assessment and selection processes.
- Partner with the other HRBP to insure consistency on approaches and practices.
- Partner with the HR Operations team on the delivery of value added policies/ processes/ solutions to support our employees and continuing business success.
- Consult in close collaboration with Legal and Finance on ensuring compliance and adherence to applicable FivePrime policies.
- Other projects/ duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree is a plus, prefer prior experience in biotechnology industry supporting Research and Development organization
- Minimum of 12 years of progressive HR experience, with at least five years of experience operating as an HRBP in a complex and rapidly growing environment
- Strong business acumen and critical thinking
- Experience in organizational development and design, change leadership, talent management and performance management
- Role model for FivePrime Values with proven high integrity
- Excellent interpersonal communication, coaching and presentation skills
- Proven ability to influence and collaborate cross-functionally to solve problems and implement solutions
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and high change agility
- Energetic, resourceful with strong customer service orientation and positive can-do attitude
Please upload your cover letter and resume