Scientist l - ll, Protein Chemistry
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Position type: Full-time
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX)
is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics for patients with serious unmet medical needs. Five Prime has entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies and has promising product candidates in clinical and preclinical development.
We currently have three protein therapeutics in clinical trials:
- FPA008: a monoclonal antibody that inhibits the CSF-1 receptor and is being studied in multiple tumor settings and pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS)
- FPA144: a monoclonal antibody targeting FGFR2b for selected gastric cancers
- FP-1039: a FGF ligand trap for mesothelioma
On the strength of our unique discovery platform and capabilities, we have entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies. We currently have three active research collaborations with Bristol-Myers Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline and UCB Pharma, S.A.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. These values are reflected in our people and our products. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated scientist to join our Protein Chemistry group as part of the Biotherapeutics department to support Research discovery and pre-clinical therapeutic programs in a dynamic, team-oriented and collaborative environment. This position reports to the Sr. Scientist, Protein Chemistry.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Support research discovery and development by providing protein and analytical expertise to generate first-in-class therapeutics
- Perform mid-scale protein expression, purification, and biophysical and functional characterizations for target proteins, antibodies, and other protein formats
- Collaborate and contribute to interdisciplinary teams as a Protein Chemistry representative
- Other duties as mutually agreed upon to make this position a career building experience
- Ph.D. in a biochemistry or related discipline required
- Minimum of 2+ years of post-doctoral experience in protein purification or related biochemistry areas
- Experience with recombinant protein expression at multiple scales using mammalian culture processes required, with microbial experience a plus
- Strong protein purification expertise and working knowledge of multiple classes of proteins is desirable
- Experience with protein biochemical and biophysical characterization techniques and their applications
- Familiarity with high throughput technologies for production and functional testing is a plus
- Experience in protein modeling, structure-function mutational analysis, and protein engineering is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently, to communicate clearly and effectively and build open and collaborative relationships is essential
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and positive “can-do” attitude towards assigned responsibilities
Please upload your cover letter & resume.