Research Associate, Immuno-Oncology Discovery (2 positions)
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Position type: Temporary Full-time (6 - 12 months)
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics for patients with serious unmet medical needs. Five Prime has entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies and has promising product candidates in clinical and preclinical development.
We currently have three protein therapeutics in clinical trials:
- FPA008: a monoclonal antibody that inhibits the CSF-1 receptor and is being studied in multiple tumor settings and pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS)
- FPA144: a monoclonal antibody targeting FGFR2b for selected gastric cancers
- FP-1039: a FGF ligand trap for mesothelioma
On the strength of our unique discovery platform and capabilities, we have entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies. We currently have three active research collaborations with Bristol-Myers Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline and UCB Pharma, S.A.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. These values are reflected in our people and our products. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are seeking a temporary full-time Research Associate to join our Immuno-Oncology (IO) Discovery group in a fast-growing, dynamic and professional environment. The successful candidate will assist a scientist with studies in immuno-oncology performing a variety of in vitro assays. This position offers an opportunity to work as part of the IO team and with other research scientists aimed at developing novel antitumor agents. This is a temporary full-time position for 10 months.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform in vitro biophysical assays including assessment of protein:protein and protein:cell interactions using standard assay techniques such as alphaLISA and flow cytometry.
- Isolate primary human immune cells from blood.
- Transfect cell lines and utilize resultant lines in cell based binding assays and perform in vitro functional cell based assays (e.g. T cell proliferation and cytokine production).
- Maintain and complete documentation of all experimental procedures and data in an electronic laboratory notebook.
- Prepare reagents and test agents as specified in approved protocols.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- B.S. or M.S. in Life sciences, Biology, Immunology, Pharmacology, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in oncology, immunology or pharmacology studies is required.
- Evidence of proficiency with in vitro/ex vivo cell based techniques including isolation of primary human cell subsets from blood, cell culture, cell-based assays, transfection, Western blot, flow cytometry and alphaLISA/ELISA
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to clearly understand complex concepts and laboratory procedures.
- Analytical, self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, diligent and reliable to meet deadlines.
- Attention to details and positive “can-do” attitude towards assigned responsibilities.
Please upload your cover letter & resume.