Clinical Contracts Associate / Manager
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Position type: Full-Time
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to alter the tumor microenvironment to enhance tumor cell killing. Our company has a growing portfolio of product candidates.
We currently have three protein therapeutics in clinical trials:
- Cabiralizumab (FPA008) –in pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS) and in multiple cancers
- FPA144 – in FGFR2b over-expressing gastric cancer
- FP-1039 – an FGF ligand trap in mesothelioma
On the strength of our unique discovery platform and capabilities, we have entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies. We currently have three active research collaborations with Bristol-Myers Squibb, UCB Pharma, S.A. and GlaxoSmithKline.
FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
FivePrime Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a clinical contracts associate or manager to join its Legal Department reporting to our Director and Corporate and Securities Counsel primarily in support of the company’s clinical development needs and activities.
- Prepare, negotiate and manage agreements and other documents in support of FivePrime’s clinical trials, including clinical trial agreements, statements of work, indemnity agreements and POAs
- Work closely with internal clinical operations team, third party CROs and clinical sites to ensure timely contract turnaround and negotiations and start-up of study sites
- Prepare negotiation parameters for use by CROs and other vendors supporting the company’s clinical development activities
- Prepare clinical trial agreement templates for use by US sites and work with CROs to modify ex-US templates to address FivePrime’s needs
- Draft and negotiate confidentiality agreements, consulting and services agreements, statements of work, material transfer agreements, collaboration agreements, license agreements and various vendor services agreements in support of FivePrime initiatives, including as appropriate in collaboration with FivePrime’s attorneys
- Support business development transaction activities (e.g., in- and out-licensing and collaboration transactions) from time to time, including due diligence support
- Manage special and ad hoc projects, as needed
- Develop strong working relationships with functional groups and project teams
- Work without close supervision, initiate new assignments and identify ways to continuously improve templates, processes and operations.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6+ years of relevant experience as a contracts associate/ manager and/or corporate paralegal, including in-house in the biotech industry
- Extensive experience drafting and negotiating a wide range of agreements, including in particular clinical trial-related agreements
- Experience managing projects within an organization
- Strong organizational and planning skills and a meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to maintain focus and composure amid pressure and evolving priorities
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to comprehend and manage business contracts and other complex documents
- Self-motivated and able to work independently while exercising initiative, flexibility and good judgment
- Strong desire to improve processes and grow
- Ability to maintain and properly handle highly confidential information
Please submit your resume.