Executive Assistant , Chief Operating Officer
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Position type: Full time
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to alter the tumor microenvironment to enhance tumor cell killing. Our company has a growing portfolio of product candidates.
We currently have three protein therapeutics in clinical trials:
- Cabiralizumab (FPA008) –in pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS) and in multiple cancers
- FPA144 – in FGFR2b over-expressing gastric cancer
- FP-1039 – an FGF ligand trap in mesothelioma
On the strength of our unique discovery platform and capabilities, we have entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies. We currently have three active research collaborations with Bristol-Myers Squibb, UCB Pharma, S.A. and GlaxoSmithKline.
FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
FivePrime Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a motivated and energetic individual to join our team as an Executive Assistant. The individual reports to Chief Operating Officer and will provide complete administrative support including calendaring, complex travel arrangements (international and domestic), coordination of meetings, facilitating timely responses to action items and other projects as assigned.
This position is expected to partner with other administrative staff members in a professional and team-oriented approach, working together to provide back-up administrative support for other members of the executive team. The successful candidate must be tech-savvy and possess excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; strong decision-making skills; the ability to think creatively and make sound independent judgments while maintaining a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Manage the department’s schedules, meetings and office time in accordance with quickly changing priorities
- Interface with the other administrative team members to facilitate meetings and provide total meeting support
- Working with Legal, coordinate the approval and execution of contracts, non-disclosure agreements and other documents
- Coordinate attendance, including travel, at external events, conferences and seminars both domestic and international
- Other administrative duties as assigned
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 8+ years of experience as an administrative assistant and minimum of 3+ years of experience supporting a senior executive.
- Experience supporting a department (head plus team members) is highly desirable
- Superb attention to detail with outstanding follow up required
- Strong project management skills; knowledge and experience with Sharepoint is a plus.
- Strong computer skills with good working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat; excellent Outlook skills a must
- Must be professional, proactive, resourceful, assertive, self-motivated and a proven team player
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment while demonstrating a calm, positive attitude and a superior work ethic
Please upload your cover letter and resume