IT Business Systems Analyst
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Position type: Full-Time, Regular
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to alter the tumor microenvironment to enhance tumor cell killing. Our company has a growing portfolio of product candidates and currently has three protein therapeutics in clinical development.
- Cabiralizumab (FPA008) – a monoclonal antibody targeting CSF1R in a Phase 1/2 clinical trial in pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS) and in a Phase 1a/1b clinical trial in multiple cancers in combination with Bristol-Myers Squibb Company’s PD-1 immune checkpoint inhibitor, Opdivo® (nivolumab)
- FPA144 – a monoclonal antibody targeting FGFR2b in a Phase 1 clinical trial in FGFR2b over-expressing gastric cancer
- FP-1039 – an FGF ligand trap in a Phase 1b clinical trial in mesothelioma
Five Prime has a differentiated target discovery platform and library that we use to rapidly interrogate the entire extracellular proteome in medically relevant in vitro and in vivo models to discover novel targets and drug leads. Our technology has been validated by our growing pipeline and through multiple collaborations with pharmaceutical companies, including Bristol-Myers Squibb, UCB Pharma, S.A. and GlaxoSmithKline across a range of therapeutic areas. FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are seeking a motivated and ambitious IT Business Systems Analyst to join our Information Technology group. The IT Business Systems Analyst is an individual contributor role responsible for providing project coordination, functional expertise and contributes to process improvements and enhancements for mission-critical ERP implementations. This position will collaborate with stakeholders across business units and technology service providers to develop and implement computerized systems and workflows to enable robust and efficient operations. The nature of this work requires an individual whose background combines functional expertise and systems management skills with an understanding of information technology, and specific knowledge of the assigned enterprise-wide software and modules. This position reports to IT Applications Manager.
- Serve as the primary liaison between business units and the engineering and IT teams to provide technology support and enable continuous process.
- Develop effective working relationships with internal customers and vendor(s).
- Serve as project coordinator on enterprise-wide development projects, including development of the project plan, monitoring and reporting on project progress, and advising managers and stakeholders of potential project delays or resources required to complete the project on a timely basis.
- Coordinate and collaborate with functional users and IT team to find solutions to problems identified in testing, resolve issues during systems upgrades, ensure that requirements documentation is easily translated into UAT (user acceptance training)/functional test plans, and ensure that proper testing of all systems functionality is completed. Conduct business analysis, requirements definition, systems analysis and application administration tasks.
- Document and communicate requirements for automated business processes.
- Prepare workflow charts and diagrams to specify in detail business process supported by enterprise systems.
- Communicate technical information, critical path milestones, issues and solutions to stakeholders and management.
- Identify risk and remediation plans in conjunction with business and IT team.
- Performs other information technology and business analysis duties as required to support assigned enterprise systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sciences, Information Systems or related discipline with 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Proven experience in gathering business requirements and writing test plans
- Experience with programming in an object oriented programming language like C#, Java or C++ preferred
- Familiarity on data integration through API’s and web services
- Demonstrated experience in the integration of external applications
- Experience in writing SQL queries
- Familiarity with ERP systems
- Familiarity with SOX controls
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skill and problem solving skills
- MS Office knowledge (MS Project, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- Ability to execute and manage multiple simultaneous projects and deadlines with shifting priorities and resources in a fast-paced working environment
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently, with a passion for technology, collaboration and innovation
Please submit your resume.