Research Associate, Protein Chemistry
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Position type: Full-time
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics for patients with serious unmet medical needs. Five Prime has entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies and has promising product candidates in clinical and preclinical development.
We currently have three protein therapeutics in clinical trials:
- FPA008: a monoclonal antibody that inhibits the CSF-1 receptor and is being studied in multiple tumor settings and pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS)
- FPA144: a monoclonal antibody targeting FGFR2b for selected gastric cancers
- FP-1039: a FGF ligand trap for mesothelioma
On the strength of our unique discovery platform and capabilities, we have entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies. We currently have three active research collaborations with Bristol-Myers Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline and UCB Pharma, S.A.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. These values are reflected in our people and our products. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
Currently, we are seeking an experienced Research Associate to join our Protein Chemistry Department. The successful candidate will be a highly-motivated and fast-learning individual with a passion for creative science, medicine and the development of novel biological technologies. This position reports to Scientist II, Protein Chemistry.
- Transient and stable mammalian protein production and purification of antibodies, ECD-Fcs, and untagged secreted proteins.
- Characterization of protein products, determination of purity and aggregation levels to provide the highest quality therapeutics for in vitro and in vivo functional studies
- Technology innovation that involves the design and implementation of robotic protein production and purification methodologies applicable to the entire FivePrime Protein Library
- B.S. with 6+ years, or a M.S. with 4+ years of experience in protein chemistry, biochemistry, or cell biology.
- Experience in transient and stable cell based protein and antibody production, purification and characterization
- Experience with E.coli expression and protein re-folding is a plus
- Hands on experience with AKTA purifiers at multiple scales
- Experience generating and interpreting analytical data by SEC, IEX, and RP-HPLC.
- Experience with protein engineering and design is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication and ability to work independently with limited supervision and collaborate in a team environment
- Analytical and excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced team environment
Please upload your cover letter & resume.