Scientist I-II, Pharmacology
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Position type: Full-time
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to alter the tumor microenvironment to enhance tumor cell killing. Our company has a growing portfolio of product candidates.
We currently have three protein therapeutics in clinical trials:
- Cabiralizumab (FPA008) in pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS) and in combination with Opdivo in multiple cancers
- FPA144 in FGFR2b over-expressing gastric cancer
- FP-1039 in mesothelioma
On the strength of our unique discovery platform and capabilities, we have entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies, including Bristol-Myers Squibb, UCB Pharma and GlaxoSmithKline.
FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
FivePrime Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated and innovative Scientist I/II to join our Pharmacology group. The ideal candidate will be an expert in developing and utilizing in vivo models to interrogate the role of the immune system in onset and progression of disease, including cancer and immune disorders. This position reports to Senior Scientist, Pharmacology.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Design and coordinate the execution of in vivo studies to demonstrate efficacy and mechanism of action of our existing and emerging novel protein therapeutics.
- Develop new in vivo models to identify and validate novel drug targets.
- Provide support to other scientists in the Pharmacology group to interrogate the mechanisms of action and identify potential biomarkers of response of our therapeutics.
- Ph.D. in immunology or related discipline with at least 3 years of post-graduate experience
- Experience in oncology and in biotech or pharmaceutical industry are highly desirable
- Strong working knowledge of and notable achievements within immunology
- Hands-on experience developing and utilizing in vivo models of immune disorders, including tissue collection and analyses aimed at measuring changes in immune cell populations, changes in immune cell markers, and changes in disease score relative to immune profile changes.
- Experience with adoptive transfer of immune cells and/or tracking of immune cell populations is highly desirable
- Experience with studies involving drug-induced modulation of the immune system in mice, including dose-response, PK/PD relationships, and exploration of drug M.O.A. is highly desirable
- Hands-on experience working with mice including multiple dosing routes and regimens, tissue procurement techniques
- Experience with in vivo models of oncology, including subcutaneous and orthotopic xenografts and syngeneic models is highly desired.
- Expertise in multicolor flow cytometry strongly desired.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate complex concepts and strategies
- Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional group setting
- Ability to influence and collaborate in a team environment
Please upload your cover letter and resume