TEMP Materials Handler – Job Code #AL03082013
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Position type: Full time – TEMPORARY 3-month position with potential to convert to regular staff
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical stage drug discovery and development company, focusing on novel therapeutic proteins, discovered through use of its world-class discovery platform. We are building a strong pipeline that currently includes products in development for cancer, metabolic disease, and immunological diseases. At FivePrime, we are committed to developing innovative therapeutics, cutting-edge technologies, and pursuing the highest quality science – a commitment that is reflected in our employees. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are looking for someone to assist Warehouse Operations personnel in general operations functions, which includes the shipping, receiving and distribution of supplies; maintenance of the warehouse, storerooms; and the processing of related paperwork.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Assist with the receiving of goods; verifying quantities, “inspecting” daily shipments, including data entry tasks and tracking of delivery.
· Distribute perishables and other supplies accurately, timely, and directly to end-users. Sort and distribute US mail to internal mailboxes.
· Filing purchase orders, updating accounting records.
· Assist warehouse staff in re-stocking copy rooms and kitchen areas.
· Assist warehouse and facilities staff in delivering furniture and lab equipment throughout Facility as directed by supervisor.
· Assist facilities staff with conference room set-ups
· Process all daily Fed-EX and UPS shipments.
Education & Experience Requirements
· High School Diploma or equivalent required. Some college is desirable.
· 0 - 4 years of related experience in a similar position, preferably in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
· Clear and valid California driver’s license.
· Ability to operate a forklift
· Knowledge of transportation of hazardous materials
· Ability to lift 50 pounds to at least waist height
· Demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail and to keep complete and accurate records
· Ability to investigate and follow appropriate shipping regulations.
· Effective skills for reading and comprehension of regulations, record-keeping and communicating with other staff
· Ability to problem solve and organize timeefficiently
Please complete an online application through our Careers at FivePrime site: Apply Here